The worst thing about weekends in a locked ward is the locked ward part.
Life on hold for four weeks to do inpatient. Feels like limbo. Everyone else is getting on with their lives at uni and I’m stuck here, not allowed to leave. At least the people are nice but I’d really really like to be home.
FFS. Get a call from the GP, get sent to hospital, get filled with fluids, get discharged. Two weeks later do it all again. What’s the point.
I want to go home. I want to quit uni. I want to quit my life. I’m tired and I just want to talk to my mum and not a therapist. I’m failing at everything from studying to eating to sleeping. I want to cry all of the time but I don’t want anyone to see me crying because it’s so embarrassing how badly I’m doing and then it’ll be really obvious that I’m a terrible student. I want to go home, like, now.
South Parks, Oxford
1. Women Delivering Ice, 1918
2. Times Square, 1947
3. Portrait Used to Design the Penny. President Lincoln Meets General McClellan – Antietam, Maryland ca September 1862
4. Marilyn Monroe, 1957
5. Newspaper boy Ned Parfett sells copies of the evening paper bearing news of Titanic’s sinking the night before. (April 16, 1912)
6. Easter Eggs for Hitler, c 1944-1945
7. Sergeant George Camblair practicing with a gas mask in a smokescreen – Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1942
8. Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplin in 1919
9. Painting WWII Propaganda Posters, Port Washington, New York – 8 July 1942
10. Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge ca 1935
See the rest here: http://noarmycanstopanidea.com/20-historic-black-and-white-pictures-restored-in-color/
So fucking annoyed. Someone has now opened my frozen yoghurt without asking. If I eat food from the fridge at home all I get is ‘did you finish the parmesan? Now we have no parmesan’ and yet it seems like it’s fair game for other people to eat whatever I’ve bought. I replace everything I finish. I do a whole food shop for my parents the first day I come home because there’s usually nothing in the fridge. I ask everyone what they want from the store. So I find it pretty tedious to have to buy my own food so that no one can complain that I’ve used something that was supposed to be for dinner when the stuff that I buy then becomes fair game for everyone else. So far I have spent £60 on food since I came home on Thursday because apparently I now pay for five people to eat.